Megan's Romance Reviews

My reviews haven't stopped merely shifted location to www.erotic-escapades.com

Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I work at Rosemary's Romance Books in Brisbane and read many books as they come out and quite a few ARC. I give advice to lots of people during the day so I thought I'd share my opinion in the blog. If there are specific books you'd like reviewed let me know and I'll see what I can do. (the opinions I express are my own and are in no way to be considered those of Rosemary)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Waterlord


The Waterlord by Dawn Thompson

Once every generation each waterlord must enter the mortal world to impregnate a human woman therefore ensuring the continuity of the waterfall guardians. Klaus is the prince of these beings, half mortal by nature, Klaus no longer finds happiness in the relm of the of the Fae. Will Klaus, like his father before him, give up immortality for love?

Lady Rebecca is running from her father who bet her hand in marriage and lost. However things do not go according to plan when the carriage overturns in a storm. Luckily Klaus is there to rescue Rebecca and her maid before the carraige falls off the edge of the cliff. Under Klaus's protection Rebecca manages to avoid her father but she is also having some very disturbing dreams.

The premise of this book was basically good however the end product was lacking. I found it hard to relate to the non sympathetic characters and difficult to immerse myself in a world that seemed only a veneer. However if you enjoyed the Ravencliff Bride you may wish to give the Waterlord a go as you will find the same scatterbrained heroine in attendance. To be fair I am very fussy about my paranormal reads.

Rated:- 4/10
Released:- 28 February 2006
Pages:- 342 Massbound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home