Megan's Romance Reviews

My reviews haven't stopped merely shifted location to www.erotic-escapades.com

Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I work at Rosemary's Romance Books in Brisbane and read many books as they come out and quite a few ARC. I give advice to lots of people during the day so I thought I'd share my opinion in the blog. If there are specific books you'd like reviewed let me know and I'll see what I can do. (the opinions I express are my own and are in no way to be considered those of Rosemary)

Monday, March 27, 2006

A Taste for Control

A Taste for Control by Patrice Michelle

Duncan Mordoor lived in seclusion, his strong psychic gifts making it hard to be around others. A life lived in total control filled with vampires who avoided him and humans who bored him, his only release found through his music. Beautiful melody's and spectacular public performances make him a local performing star but with so many people trying to break his self imposed solitude wil Duncan be able to resist them all?

Seeking proof of the existence of vampires, Rose Sinclair PI never thought she'd find it. Until a vampire kidnapped her and tied Rose to his bed. Naked and terrified Rose is glad to be rescued especially since her rescuer is sexy if somewhat strange. Together the pair must journey to discover their pasts before history destroys them or tears them apart. When each discovery is a foundation rocking shock how long before this pair find themselves drawn permanently together?

I think this is the best of the series featuring the enigmatic Duncan who gets knocked for six when his psychic gifts don't work on the woman of his dreams. Duncan relied so heavily on his gifts to interact with people that he had no idea how to react to a woman who was a total blank slate to him which caused some truly comedic moments. Rose was a strong vivacious woman who reacted better than expected to being tied up naked in a vampires room. Practical and sensual is a very sexy combination in my humble opinion and makes you want to follow the story further, with so many other extrodinary hero's available I can only hope that Ms Michelle chooses to continue writing in this dynamic world.

Book one of the series is A Taste for Passion the second book is A Taste for Revenge.

Rated:-10/10
Released:- December 2005
Pages:- 364 Trade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home