Megan's Romance Reviews

My reviews haven't stopped merely shifted location to www.erotic-escapades.com

Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I work at Rosemary's Romance Books in Brisbane and read many books as they come out and quite a few ARC. I give advice to lots of people during the day so I thought I'd share my opinion in the blog. If there are specific books you'd like reviewed let me know and I'll see what I can do. (the opinions I express are my own and are in no way to be considered those of Rosemary)

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Revenge Gifts


Revenge Gifts by Cindy Cruciger

Tara Cole's business is revenge and she's good at it. Never mind the karmic hits she's taking for sending out pillows stuffed with cat hair for the allergy prone and the devious chocolate a day gift for the chocoholic. Revenge-gifts.com is doing great but Tara pretty much thinks her life sucks. She's slacking off in the Keys when one of her gifts comes back to bite her on the butt in the form of a reversal of fortune curse. Well if your life sucks and you haven't got laid in ten years a reversal of fortune might not be a bad thing right?

This book is so funny that I finished it even though it absolutely insults aussies, hey aussie men can be rude and crude but no way are they worse then french blokes. Some of the gifts available on Revenge-Gifts.com make you chuckle long into the night and Tara's acceptance of all the weird stuff that seems to follow her around ie ghosts in her house, possessed dogs and rabid roosters are just proof of her somewhat demented mindset. This book is a good light hearted read and a fun way to take up a couple of hours on the bus.

Rated:- 7/10
Published:- 30 August 2005
Pages:- 304 mass

3 Comments:

Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

Dude! If the only other western nation your guys can best in how the majority treat women is France ... Oy. It's a crying shame, too. Because per capita they are hunky as hell.

The truth is, I could have picked any nationality to rag on but Australians seem to be the only country left with a sense of humor. So many Europeans come through the Keys in the winter I could have grabbed ten other badness samples in beach bars.

Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it,

~C

9:32 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

hehe my husbands parents are english I think I found the comment about them lacking to the french insulting on his behalf.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

"I could have picked any nationality to rag on but Australians seem to be the only country left with a sense of humor." - Smile. Nice review. I enjoyed this book too.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home