Megan's Romance Reviews

My reviews haven't stopped merely shifted location to www.erotic-escapades.com

Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I work at Rosemary's Romance Books in Brisbane and read many books as they come out and quite a few ARC. I give advice to lots of people during the day so I thought I'd share my opinion in the blog. If there are specific books you'd like reviewed let me know and I'll see what I can do. (the opinions I express are my own and are in no way to be considered those of Rosemary)

Monday, December 26, 2005

Beyond the Wild Wind

Beyond the Wild Wind by Sasha Lord

Ruark Haagan is a warrior for hire, but when his little brother requires the aid of monks to heal from his latest battle wounds Ruark makes a bargain with ex warrior Mangan. He is to help Mangan's cousin Istabelle, the cousin Mangan himself hasn't seen since they were five. So with Mangan's ring in hand to prove who sent him he heads out to find Istabelle.

Istabelle O'Bannon has become a sea bound version of Robin Hood to help the oppressed people of her mothers lands. So when she sees that the man she just stole from is wearing her cousin Mangan's ring she realizes that this man must be her cousin come to aid her. For Istabelle is in trouble the outlaw Horik has stolen her most precious treasure and she desperately needs it back.


In this the forth of the "Wild" series the daughter of Xanthier (hero of the third book) is all grown up and getting herself into trouble. Big trouble that she needs her cousin's help to get out of. The journey that she goes on in this book is both heart rending and stirring, compelling the reader to continue on until the last page.

While at times during this book I was honestly overcome with an impulse to smack the hero silly for the most part the book is filled with very sympathetic characters. I absolutely enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next book which will hopefully be Mangan's story.

Previous books in the series Under a Wild Sky, In a Wild Wood, Across a Wild Sea

Rated:- 8/10

Released:- 7 February 2006

Pages:- 352 massbound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home