Megan's Romance Reviews

My reviews haven't stopped merely shifted location to www.erotic-escapades.com

Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I work at Rosemary's Romance Books in Brisbane and read many books as they come out and quite a few ARC. I give advice to lots of people during the day so I thought I'd share my opinion in the blog. If there are specific books you'd like reviewed let me know and I'll see what I can do. (the opinions I express are my own and are in no way to be considered those of Rosemary)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Midnight Work

The Midnight Work by Kassandra Sims

Sophie Aubrey is having a bad week. First the sexy sounding Olivier from her web group turns into some sort of skanky stalker. Then when she runs from him she breaks her neck, but that's ok because Olivier is a vampire and brings her back.

Now Sophie is a vampire which seems kind of cool so she quickly turns her friend Norah so they can go out on a killing spree. With their super sexy vampire makeovers these two girls are set to wreck havoc on the night. But wait haven't they done this before?

Ok I have to say I was disappointed in this book. It had potential but it feels like the world isn't real to the author and if she can't convince herself how can she convince me? The characters were flat and uninspired and the action doesn't pick up until at least halfway through the book. Cover work is excellent perhaps the next book will live up to it.

Rated:- 4/10
Released:- 1 December 2005
Pages:- 384 Mass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home